This site is incredible to help with concentration:
A recent article that multi-tasking doesn’t work!
Don’t forget to practice the Tree List and Morse Code exercises!
Here is the Amazon link to “The Memory Book”:
Here is “The Memory Book” link on Powell’s Books web site (another GREAT site for books – new and used) http://www.powells.com/biblio/17-9780345410023-0
I told you about my belief in the power of the subconscious mind. I feel this is a MUST READ! A link to “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Dr. Joseph Murphy
“The Brain Diet” will change your life mentally, physically (and I also believe spiritually) and the lives of the people you love IF they will listen! Another must-read and I don’t say this lightly! Here is the Amazon link.
Here is the link for the “memory” section of the Rhetorica ad Herennium written by Simonides around 80 B.C. I encourage you to print this out and read it several times!
- The human brain is made of 100 billion or 1010 cells called neurons
- Those neurons has the capacity of forming a network of 1 quadrillion (1014)connections called synapses
- The combined neurons and synapses have the capacity of storing 108432 bits of information
- In the entire universe there are an estimated 1078 atoms
Here some more 2Kool4Skool Brain Facts
- The human brain is approximately 60% fat
- The human brain is approximately 75% water (the fat is also comprised of water)
- The human brain weighs approximately 3 pounds
- The human brain uses 20% of the body’s energy (it is an energy HOG)
- The human brain cannot access body fat for energy reserves like our other organs and muscles
- The human brain is mysteriously affected by our intestines (i.e. too much yeast or too much bad bacteria)
- The human brain is a bath of 100 chemicals (some the body can produce on its own, some it cannot)
- The human brain is NOW affected (adversely) by the 75,000 man-made chemicals in our “modern” food supply (BTW, some of these “man-made” chemicals are labeled as “natural” by the FDA)
- The human brains runs on ONLY ONE fuel – glucose!
- The human brain cannot store much glucose at a time (it has a small gas tank) so it must be constantly fueled
- The human brain wants to be fed carbohydrates (simple or complex) so it can convert its own glucose to be released as required (NO SUGAR HIGHS ARE NEEDED!)
- The human brain doesn’t mind a little caffeine as a “fuel additive” but it is NOT a fuel (and neither is alcohol)
- The human brains operates best at a 1:1 ratio of essential fatty acids Omega 3 to Omega 6 (3 is rare, 6 is EVERYWHERE!)